I should have posted this when it happened, but it's been a hectic week.
Anyway, every morning before I go to seminary, I pray that my students would have safety in their drive to and from the church. It is dark and the roads are curvy, so I worry about them. Tuesday morning I heard myself ask for their safety and mine, which I never do. As I was driving along the shortcut through the wooded area and over the ridge, a deer suddenly darted across the road about a car's length in front of me.
Just last weekend I had heard a TV broadcaster talk about the fact that deer mating season has begun, and he advised everyone to be especially cautious driving. He specifically said that if one deer crosses your path, you should look to where it came from because there would likely be more. Consequently, I slowed way down and looked to the left and sure enough here came two yearlings crashing out of the brush across immediately in front of me. Had I not slowed down I would have hit them both.
It is always a joy to me to see prayers answered and I took a deep breath and said, "Thank you."
3 comments:
Glad you're safe.
Thank goodness you're ok! Little stories like that are such a testimony builder.
Now you've got a perfect anecdote to share with the Relief Society...congrats on the calling! You'll do a great job.
What an amazing experience...wow!
Post a Comment