Hey, Ken, you were concerned that the whole project froze in time. Well, here it is, completed just a couple of weeks after the last post in March. The ceiling in person looks like a thatched roof with the greenish grass paper. The circle in the center is for the "palm frond" fan that isn't up yet.
This is the place I like to sit and listen to rain on the sunlights in the ceiling. There are lots of my turtles on the walls and sitting around.
The cats love the room during the day. They curl up with the Hawaiian teddy bears.
My wonderful husband did in fact put up the paneling that made the whole room look just like the Hawaiian lanai I wanted to recreate. I love him!
There is plenty of space on the two slanted side walls and the tall back wall above the paneling for my Hawaiian quilts to be displayed (assuming I finish them someday!!) I have a trickly water fountain and music from Keali'i Reichel in the background. It is a great room for quiet thought.
1 comment:
Hey Kathy,
This is great! I hadn't checked your blog in a while and here you are again. Don't have time to read right now but I will enjoy catching up.
I'll calm down now about the project frozen in time.
Love,
Ken
Post a Comment