All the laundry is done, and the Hawaii bags are repacked and ready for August. The house is restored to order, and the mail has been collected and dealt with. The cats are starved for attention and underfoot at every step. And I have returned to my beloved quilting.
I am very bad at taking pictures of my quilts. This is Kennan's "Puzzle" and the only reason there is a picture is because Bill took it! As soon as I get pictures of Ilana's "Flower Garden" and Aidan's "Goblet of Fire," I will post them. (Hint: Send pictures, girls, please.) Courtney's "Horses in a Midnight Meadow" is on the frame and ready to be quilted next week.
In the past year I have completed several other quilts--all without pictures. I made a "Very Hungry Caterpillar" quilt for Aspen because I fell in love with the pattern and the fabric. Shelby and her puppy Patch got quilts when I went to visit in March. And there were baby showers and crisis quilts for members of my ward.
The list of "to-be-dones" gets longer and longer. I finally finished the lavender sampler tops, and Es and Bill's is ready to cut. There is a surprise quilt for a "house warming" (perhaps "house cooling" is a better name, since the previous house got too warm!). And I had made Dad a quilt top for Valentine's Day called "Chocolate Cherries" but I disliked one of the fabrics I had used throughout, so I ripped it apart and now need to put it back together with a better color.
There is also one 10-year quilt in 2011, Cami's, and I know Carter and Forester are in the wings. Actually there is a master schedule with everyone listed for 10-year birthday, graduation, and wedding quilts--for some of you that will be an anniversary quilt since I couldn't quilt back when you were married! I told Dad I was going to be sewing until I am 130 in order to finish everything. He observed that would only work if I quit buying fabric right now!!
Bill once asked me why I would take a big piece of cloth, cut it into small pieces, and then sew them back together into another big piece of cloth. I could only smile and say, "Because I can." I want my quilts to be hugs for all those I love for all the times I can't be there in person. My sewing machine is calling....
No comments:
Post a Comment