Tuesday, May 31, 2011



Before I get back into the bad habit of forgetting to blog, I better at least get in one entry this month.

Ed surprised us by stopping by on Mother's Day for dinner on his way to NC.

Early in May I stayed with my little State College group while Julie and Justin went to Kalamazoo for her conference presentation. We had fun planting a new garden in front of their townhouse as a surprise for Mother's Day, and I got pictures of the two quilts that are in the girls' room. (They would have been better if they were held up vertically or I were taller.) The one on the left is Ilana's Flower Garden and the one on the right is Aspen's Very Hungry Caterpillar.

At the end of the month, Bill had surgery on his shoulder, and Dad had meetings in SF for the World Cocoa Foundation. It made sense to me to fly out with him, and then to drive over to Chico for a couple of days with Es and Bill. I loved spending time with them. And Polo is a wonderful little granddogger!! Unfortunately, I left my camera at the hotel, and I haven't figured out how to get pictures from my iphone to my computer. Any tech help out there??

I came back to SF to spend Friday with Dad. We drove up the coast to Stinson Beach and beyond Bodega Bay. Then we came back down and had dinner on the bay in Sausalito. I will always be a Cali girl! Saturday we went to the airport together and I flew home to Dulles while Dad flew off to Slough, England. We were both grateful that the world hadn't come to an end so that we had a place to land at the end of our flights.

During the five days we were gone it rained enough here to completely FILL MY BIG WHEELBARROW!! Needless to say, the garden is flourishing. More on green stuff next time.

3 comments:

Tom and Heather said...

Those quilts are amazing! True works of art.
I told Tom to help you with the iPhone photo situation the next time he talks to you so we can see some pictures!

Lynn said...

Thanks for talking w/me the other day, despite being sick. I'm jealous of the Cali drive-one day I'll get to go back :) And Ilana's quilt turned out wonderfully! Love you.

Julie said...

We loved having your help with Kzoo! And the Mother's Day surprise garden was lovely, and still is (I'll weed a bit and take some pictures soon).
You had a busy month sharing Gramma/Mom love--fun for us, for sure, and hopefully fun for you too.