Monday, September 10, 2007

"The End of the Prophets"

I AM FINISHED!! Several years ago there was an article in the New Era showing a method for marking footnotes in the new publication of the scriptures. I did that for my old smaller scriptures. Last June I began the process for my large-print books since I am teaching seminary. Yesterday I marked the last verse, Malachi 4:6. That gave me an interesting reminder.
As you recall, the verse begins, "And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, ..." Well, that is what this blog is all about. I intend to use this format to record my personal history.
There is a lot you already know, but I want to bring it all together. Some things are still not clear to me, and I hope Bunnie can fill in for all of us.
A brief outline: I was born October 15, 1947, at the Philadelphia Naval Hospital, to Dean John Munt, Jr., and Mary Eleanor O'Hare (right, Bunnie-mom?). They were divorced after my 4th birthday, and I ended up with my grandparents, Dean John Munt, Sr., and Christina Elizabeth (Bacon), in LeRoy NY. My dad remarried May 22, 1952, and I remember the day I met my "new mom" in Grandma's office. She was an LPN working as the plant nurse at the Jello factory in LeRoy. I stayed with a daycare lady across the street. We moved to California where I lived until Dad and I moved to Tennessee for 3 years, then to Ohio for 10 years, back to California for
22 1/2 years, and now to Pennsylvania. That looks to me like a full circle.
With most of my life spent in California, it makes perfect sense to me that deep in my soul I am a "Cali-girl" with the background music of the Beach Boys ringing in my ears, occasionally with an overlay of "California Dreamin'" from the Mamas and Papas.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Is it hereditary? Sometimes I get "California Dreamin'" as an internal soundtrack too. Well, it is where I'm from, but funny that we have the same song.

I've always loved the detail about the Jello factory. But, I love you more: fantastic mother and incredible person. I'm excited to read your story.

Jen S. said...

It is a wonderful thing for everyone to hear stories from the lives of those we love. Thanks.