Monday, October 1, 2007

Heigh Ho! Heigh Ho! It's off, off, off, I go!

Yes, it is off!! But it is still good news/bad news. There is absolutely no healing evidenced on the latest x-ray. My doctor decided to stimulate the bones to grow together by pushing them together to remind them they belonged together--a lot of teogtherness. I am in a high-tech walking boot with a hand-pumped air bladder around my ankle, and I am to walk as much as I want to for the next two weeks as well as go to PT before the next evaluation.
So, Dad and I spent Saturday walking around (with crutches) at an alpaca farm (www.pasoligaros.com) to celebrate National Alpaca Farm Weekend. The critters were really soft and cute, and I got some yarn to knit a shawl in natural fur colors. Then we stopped at a u-pick pumpkin patch and got some pumpkins of various sizes, colors, and shapes.
Ken came by for dinner and a lot of laughing. He was in Baltimore for a trade show. He was going home to do a pre-harvest evaluation for this year's crop of pumpkin seed oil. Did you know he and Jay are the first American producers of this product? That is really exciting.
Sunday I made the next big jump and drove the car. When we went to Sacrament meeting, we told the Bishop I would be back to seminary this morning. I am soooo delighted to have the kids again. Dad went with me to help with tables and to carry things in. I have to figure out how to manage by myself because he returns to CA on Thursday.
The bottom line is, I AM FREE. I can drive, and get around more and more without the crutches. We are in the process of finding a therapy provider through our insurance company then that piece will fit in.
Anyway, this was more like a group email, but I want to thank all of you for your prayers and love. Thanks to Ken there will be major improvements by the next posting!! See you later :)

3 comments:

Julie said...

Yippee!!! I am sooo glad for you! We'll keep praying for the bones to decide to be buddies again.
I am curious--how did you even know that it was National Alpaca Farm weekend (that's just wrong, somehow). Also, how fun to see Ken, and I'm intrigued about what "major improvements" we can all expect to see by the next posting...

NanaBuni said...

Maybe I need Ken to give me instructions. ha ha.

So glad you are nearly free, although I still have no background on how you got in the shape you have been in.......

Prayers still going forth from all here. Love you....

Jen S. said...

Glad you are free, we will continue to pray for progress in healing.