Saturday, September 15, 2007

Home again, home again, jiggedy jig

Well, yes, home again, but no jigs in my future. The doctor said minimal improvement (I'm trying to be positive--I couldn't see any!) The x-rays showed the crack as clearly defined as the first time, although Ed swears there is some fuzziness at both ends. The truth is there is no new tissue/calcification along the length of the break. That means "Come back in two weeks and we'll look again." There is nothing to do but wait.
Anyway, Thursday was an uneventful travel day. Everything was fine here at home. Friday was the doctor's visit and frustration on my part as Ed scurried around cleaning bathrooms and I sat. Now it is Saturday.
Ed and Jen and kids got here last night. The kids will be with us during the day while they go on a stake temple trip. They will go back tonight and then we will go over there tomorrow. Dad goes to Chicago on Monday, and life goes on.
I realized I may be a Cali-girl with sun on my face and sand between my toes, but I love the green of PA. The air is getting crisp and color change is coming. This is why I moved. I need seasons. I just have to accept that this is also a different season in my own life.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Glad you are home. I too love this time of year. We are missing you and sending prayers and happy vibes your way.

Julie said...

*grow*, *grow*, *grow*

love you.